Just in case anybody other than family and friends finds this…For anybody looking for permission to fly a UK permit aircraft in Belgium airspace, below is a copy of the email I received with the current (July 2016) procedure.
( Ann Reynaert mentioned in the LAA’s TL 2.06 forwarded my query to the correct place)
An application for a Temporary Permission to Fly over Belgian territory can be made by submitting the form (when completed), which can be found here:
http://mobilit.belgium.be/sites/default … EN_V1.docx
The following documents need to be joined with the application form:
– copy or the Certificate of Registration (issued by the UK CAA);
– copy of the Permit to Fly (issued by the UK CAA);
– copy of the Conditions of Permit to Fly;
– copy of the Operating Limitations;
– Certificate of Validity for the Permit to Fly;
– copy of the Certificate of Insurance (clearly stating that the insurance conforms to the conditions of Regulation (EU) No. 785/2004).
The application form and the relevant documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that for ‘recreational flights’ the Temporary Permission to Fly over Belgian territory will be issued with a validity period of one year, allowing you to plan any flights (with a maximum of 30 days during this period) at your own convenience.
For the issuance of a Temporary Permission to Fly over Belgian territory, a payment of EUR 96,00 is required (payment to be made upon receiving the invoice).
=========================================================I sent the forms on Monday and got the permit back by email Friday. The invoice for 96 Euros arrived a week later…all very straightforward
UPDATE! NO LONGER REQUIRED…
No need to pay fro Belgium any more, see attached letter: